After having to cancel our iconic Festival in 2020 due to the global pandemic, we look forward to having our annual environmental celebration, the Fingerling Festival being held “Virtually” on Saturday, June19th, 2021.
We missed it so much in 2020, especially engaging with the community to celebrate the Hatchery’s work throughout the year, and to take part in the release of the juvenile salmon that we HAD to do something!
So this year, which happens to be our 29th Annual Fingerling Festival, we have moved the celebration online but with the help of community groups, we are keeping the excitement going and offering a fun, interactive, and educational experience. The festival is free to attend and will be held on Saturday, June 19th, from 1:30-2:30 PM.
Registration link for the 2021 Noons Creek Fingerling Festival:
https://hopin.com/events/fingerling-festival-2021We look forward to seeing you and all of your friends, and hope you’ll join us.
Leading up to the Fingerling Festival, we are hosting a Colouring Contest for kids! The category this year is Aquatic Ecosystems, and the winners from each age group will receive a prize and have their artwork featured on the Noons Creek website.
The age categories are ages 3 – 6, 7 – 9, and 10 – 12.
Please download one of the four templates (at the bottom of this page). We also have an Open Category where your child can submit an original piece of artwork with an Aquatic Ecosystem theme.
If your child wishes to enter, please submit the colouring or original art work anytime before the June 18 deadline via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at the Noons Creek Hatchery on Saturdays between 9am and 11am.
Contest closes on Friday, June 18 at 5pm. Before taking part, please be sure to refer to the terms and conditions. We look forward to your submissions!
Colouring contest Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions:
1. All entries to the coloring contest must be sent via email to email@example.com or dropped off in person at the Noons Creek Hatchery (340 Ioco Rd, Port Moody) on Saturdays between 9am and 11am before the deadline.
2. All entries agree to have child’s art published on the Port Moody Ecological Society website and/or social media pages.
3. Contestants must be within the following age group as of the deadline;
4. Please be sure to include the child’s first name, age, and parent’s or guardian’s email to be contacted to receive a prize, if selected.
5. Entries will be judged on a basis of creativity and one winner from each age group will be awarded a prize.Open category:
– Children can also submit their own picture related to aquatic ecosystems.
Every year during the Fingerling Festival, we raffle off a number of amazing prizes from local businesses and artists, and this year we have chosen to keep up this tradition by hosting an online auction. The auction items include paintings, books, spa products, and more! So feel free to follow the link above to pick up a gift and support the Hatchery’s yearly work. The auction runs until June 19.
Stay tuned……more details on Silent Auction registration will follow shortly
Acknowledging that we are on the unceded, occupied, ancestral and traditional lands of the Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh), Kʷikʷəƛ̓əm (Kwikwetlem), xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Stó:lō Nations.